Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Aah...Home Sweet Home

A week ago today, we landed in Utah. We will be here until mid-August. James gets almost eight weeks off of "home leave" for taking the Germany assignment. Some people choose to take a little right away and then spread it out over a year, but he's heard of too many people that once they started working again, they weren't able to take the time off and after a while you lose the days...so he decided to take it all in one lump.

So far, we have had a fantastic time, spending time with my family and running into a few friends. We have enjoyed the shopping and the restaurants and the customer service! This week, we have also been to the dermatologist, the dentist, I got my hair cut & colored and today I got my nails done. James & I also went on a little two-night getaway at a local bed & breakfast. I also got to finally see "Eclipse"!

The kids have been having a wonderful time at my mom & dad's place. They have a huge yard where they can play with water, or in the sand pile, or on the swing set, or Thomas can drive a 4-wheeler or Toby can drive his little motorized tractor. OR, they can go over to the farm and do things over there. Toby likes riding in the tractors with Grandpa Dan and Thomas likes feeding the baby calves. They are thoroughly entertained all day long!

On Sunday, my sister announced that she is pregnant! It was a shocker! They have been married for 10 years and I wasn't quite sure they wanted to have kids and had kind of quit asking her about it. She is at the beginning of the 2nd trimester already. How exciting that my mom & dad will finally have three grandchildren, and this one will live close by which will be nice for everyone!

Tomorrow, we are heading down to James' mom & dad's for about a week and a half. Thomas and Toby have 13 cousins that all live close by so it should be a incredibly fun time there as well!

Until later,

Emily

6 comments:

Alison said...

YAY for you. So looking back now does it seem like it went fast? 8 Weeks would be heaven. Poor guy when he has to return to work!

Dycie said...

Welcom Home Brook!! I am sure it is so nice to be home!

Cami said...

Welcome back to the USA! It really sounded like Germany was a great adventure, but there is no place like home.

ejs said...

I'm so glad you're back home and having a great time. Can't wait to see you. Wow! I can't believe your sister is pregnant. Congratulate her for me. See you in August (hopefully)!

Marrian said...

Glad you made it! I can't wait to get back to the States!!!!
We have a lot of new move-ins and more to come. I think we are going to outgrow that building by a long shot this year. Not too many families moving out but lots moving in. What's it like being in a Utah ward? I bet your boys are loving the multiple nurseries and large primary class :D.

Ana said...

8 weeks, huh? Nice, although I would be so happy to have gone to Germany the leave would have been like a fancy extra! Is it tough for them to get people to go?

Anyway, glad to hear all this vacation time is going great.