Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No Fear

Toby has no fear. Well, he doesn't exactly like being left with a babysitter but besides that, he really is fearless. To the point that he is scary. Take tonight, for instance...I was busy cooking dinner, Thomas and a friend had been playing in the back yard with Toby and decided to go to the park next to our house. Thomas is 6, his friend is 8 so them going by themselves is OK, after all, it is right next to our home.

So, I was cooking dinner and assummed that Toby was in the back yard playing. Mind you, I had the radio on, two fans on, two pots of water were boiling so I very easily missed the sounds of Toby opening our front door and going outside (he did not shut the door, or I would have known he had gone out). So, he went down the stairs, into the street and walked to our park. I was at the sink peeling potatoes when I saw him walk past my car. The big boys went to the park and that sounded like a good idea to him, too!

I usually lock the front door with a key from the inside but it wasn't locked because the big boys went through the front to go to the park. They can no longer go around the side of the house from the back to get to the park because I've put up a fence to keep Toby in the back...and safe. Safe and Toby...it's not working out so well.

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

The Mendon Welkers said...

Come on Mom! He's as big as they are!

EJS said...

Aha...everyone who used to laugh at me chasing E around like an idiot now has a fearless boy themselves (you, Molly and Jen). Thank goodness I only got one. N seems pretty catious so far. Maybe he'll outgrow it like E did. Although E is now into riding his bike down the steps, so maybe he hasn't outgrown it completely. Good luck!

Mom said...

Emily he is a No Fear child. Toby know where he is going and that is that. I am going to get some bells. I will work on a door decoration, I will make extra for when you visit your friends. What a boy. Hug the boys and we will Skype tomorrow. Love Always Mom

Angie said...

I'm having similar issues with Colten--I have to watch him so close. I'll be honest with you but some of the worst things he's done has gotten him a rather hard swat on the tush because it got so bad he was trying to climb over my stair rail baby gate and he was running into the street. He's pretty much stopped the really bad stuff but I still have to keep my eyes glued to him at all times.