Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Loathe Shopping on the Economy!

(This was not actually taken today--but it's the same "look".)

I loathe shopping on-the-economy. But today, I just had to do it. After all, one can only go so long without a vacuum cleaner (ours broke last Wednesday). I went early (to REAL), 9 AM so Toby would be on his "best behavior". I was armed with treats in my coat pockets. He had just had breakfast 45 minutes earlier and a sippy cup of milk in the car on the way there. Nevertheless, he threw a yelling, screaming tantrum for no reason. It was awful. I had many locals either stare at me and say things that I didn't understand or actually get up in Toby's face. They also didn't like that he was standing in the back of the cart instead of sitting in the front (then provide belts that strap them in people!) I wanted to walk away and leave him, but I was afraid they'd throw him in a recycling bin (joking, and if you've lived here you get it, their recycling program is like a religion).

Until later,

Emily



3 comments:

The Mendon Welkers said...

So good to know it's not just my daughter, who happens to be two, that throws a fit in the store! So frustrating! She also throws a fit and won't sit in the cart where she's "suppose to". Thus my child also sits in the basket of the cart! Safe? Not sure but it keeps her quiet for a few extra minutes and the screaming doesn't start right at the front door! Thanks for posting and making me feel "normal" and that it's just not MY kid!

Mom said...

Sorry for both of you. There is nothing worse than having your kid have a public meltdown. You want to just leave the store and you can't you have to finish shopping. He was probably much better once you got in the car. Hug the boys and I will talk to you tomorrow. Love Always Mom

Marnie said...

I can so relate to this! You would think that German children occassionally act out as well and they would be a little more understanding...