Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, August 29, 2010

"When my Dad finds a new job..."

After the third day of school, we were at the hotel and Thomas & I were talking about something, I don't recall what but it lead into,


"When my Dad finds a new job..."

It kind of stunned me. I told Thomas that his dad does have a job. And started laughing. I called James in and told him what Thomas had just said. And he further explained that he still has a job, he's just using special time off for taking the job in Germany and that he still gets a pay check so we can pay our bills.

It's pretty easy to see where he's coming from. After all, as Thomas also said, "Well, he doesn't go to work any more, he's here in the morning, he's here when I come home and all he does is work on our house." Looking back, I know he's also heard plenty of conversations about unemployment and foreclosures and hard times going on. And I don't think it would be far-fetched that maybe they talked about it in class. So, it all makes sense.

But, we had to reassure Thomas that James IS employed and that pretty soon he will get dressed up again and be gone to work for most of the day.

Until later,

Emily

0 comments: