Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, June 4, 2011

NKOTBSB Concert

My friend Leah and I bought NKOTBSB concert tickets way back in December, before I even knew I was pregnant. I was able to see New Kids on the Block in concert when I was 15 almost 16, it was my first ever concert. I was one of those crazy, kooky, obsessed NKOTB fans. They got back together and went out on tour when I lived in Germany, and I wasn't able to go. I made a promise to myself that if I ever had the chance again, I would take it. James didn't want to go, but as luck would have it, I had a friend who thought that sounded like a fun thing to do so we were all set!

I am not a huge BSB fan, but I know enough of their more popular music that it was still fun when it was their turn on stage. The concert was very entertaining. I thought I would enjoy it because of the nostalgia, which I did, but I wasn't prepared for how much of " a show" both bands put on. The way that it worked was they sang a few songs together and then one band would leave the stage and let the other band sing 4-5 of their songs and then that band would leave and let the other band come on and do the same thing. It was pretty much non-stop singing for about 2 1/2 hours. We had a great time!



Leah & I made it! It took us close to two hours to drive down there (right in the middle of DC) even though it's only about 45 miles away from our town.



NKOTB



NKOTB





Joey McIntyre


BSB serenading four lucky fans!



NKOTB getting the crowd all fired up!




Jonathan Knight out working the crowds!







Jordan Knight.



NKOTB singing "I'll Be Loving You Forever".



"Hangin' Tough" in their green Boston Celtics jerseys.



Finale with both bands.



It was quite the show!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Mom said...

I am laughing at "was one of those" Emily I bet you are still one of those the night of the concert. I glad you had such a great time. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom