Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Still Growing...

(37 weeks, 5 days along)

Last Saturday, I reached "full term" status.  Anything 37-40 weeks along is considered full-term.  It's interesting, laughable, really that there was so much worry and concern about keeping him in & now he's perfectly content to stay where he's at! 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though: my induction date is set for next Saturday night, when I am 39 weeks!  There is a chance that it still won't happen then, if there are already too many women at the hospital having babies, but at least I get to call and see if they'll take me. And if so, I'll get to deliver with my favorite doctor, too!

I have felt a lot of contractions over the past few days.  This is a new one for me: I AM FEELING CONTRACTIONS! Maybe it's just because I am really, really paying attention.  Of course, I don't know if these contractions are Braxton Hicks or the real deal, but they hurt, so I think they must be real.  I guess I'll find out on Monday when I have my next doctor appointment, unless I have the baby before then.  James is home for the next three days, so it would be awfully convenient if 3.0 decided to arrive soon! And, yes, 3.0 has a name...but we're still keeping it a secret!

All in all, I still feel pretty good.  I'm tired and the baby likes to hurt my ribs, particularly the left side.  My feet and lower legs are swollen.  My back hurts, a whole lot!  It's been almost nine years since I've been this pregnant, and now I remember how much it really stinks!

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

jlk said...

I am so happy for you! How great to be miserable with a healthy baby than to be worried over a premie.

Lokodi said...

You really look beautiful. Good luck in the next couple of weeks. I'm so excited for you.

Lindsey

Mom said...

You look so wonderfully pregnant,I am so glad we have got to here. Now we will take him when he comes. Hug the boys. Take care of yourself. Love Always Mom