Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, August 24, 2009

Thomas' First Day of First Grade

(For more info about the strange-looking gigantic cone that Thomas 
is holding, please see my post below this one!)


Thomas started first grade today. He was excited, he woke up 45 minutes earlier than he needed to, even 15 minutes earlier than I needed to! I am involved in a carpool with my neighbor that lives across the street. Although it was technically her day to drive, I decided to take Thomas on my own to make sure he got settled in OK, afterall, the first day of school can be kind of chaotic. 

So Toby and I walked Thomas into school. It was a piece of cake. He was the first boy to arrive and it was funny to see how he went to a set of tables all alone, and waited for the other boys to arrive. By the time I left he had three other boys hovering around him and they were playing with some sort of lego-like pieces. All the girls were at some other table doing something girlish, I have no idea what.

I went next door and wished Tristan (our neighbor) a nice first day at school and then peeked in at Thomas one last time (we had already said good-bye), he caught me, smiled but then gave us that look, you know the one--the "Mom what are you guys still doing here?" look.

And so, that was that. Not a tear was shed and all was well. He'll be home in an hour and fifteen minutes. Toby sleeps and the house is silent all but the ceiling fans.

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Raenbows and Mud Puddles said...

He is too cute! I can't wait until Kayden says to me "you can go now Mom" which is exactly what she will do the first day of school.. if the kid did it at daycare when she was 3 she'll do it when she is 6.. love it!

ps. i love enjoying the quiet during nap time. ahh its wonderful!

Felicity said...

I remember being at Harry's preschool and utterly bored by what the little girls were doing. Now I have two, so I guess it's payback time.

jlk said...

I cannot wait for a quiet house!

Mom said...

I am so glad it all went great for Thomas. The cone things are really cute too. I bet Toby misses him today. I remember Kurt would stand at the door waiting for you to come home. Hug the boys and we will try to Skype before I go to work. Love Always Mom