Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, September 19, 2009

And...He's Back!

James returned last night from a 9-day TDY to Norway, Moldova and Norway again.   He was on an inspection...and now he's exhausted.  All went mostly well at home, I got an intestinal virus last weekend, but the kids were as close to angels as they could be so that was a good thing.  It was a busy, busy week but everything worked out.  Sometimes I don't mind it when he travels a bit because I have a little more flexibility in the evenings only because I don't have to cook real dinner.  The kids couldn't care less if they have pizza, waffles, mac-n-cheese, hot dogs...and if I feel like eating at 5:00 we can or push it back to 7:00 that's OK too.  I also really like reading in bed.  James gets irritated. 


So, he arrived home last night at about 10 PM, as I said exhausted.  Today, I co-hosted a baby shower for my friend G, only it wasn't at my house (those are the BEST kind to co-host!), this has been my mental "reward" for getting through the past 9 days...I knew when the 9 days were up I would basically get a day with the girls.  Good food, good times and the kids had bonding time with James!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

jlk said...

Moldova sounds exotic! I knew some people from Moldova on my mission. They made us dinner. Meat in grape leaves served with sour cream. It was interesting.....