Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Grease Monkey!

I can't believe I didn't take pictures of this...but I didn't! (It had to do with me not wanting him to get anything on me, the cat, clothing, etc...)


Last night, I could hear Toby playing with his toothbrush.  I thought he was trying to brush his teeth, it kept hitting the sink in the "guest bathroom" where we keep Thomas and Toby's toothbrushes and there is also a step-stool.  Mind you, I was in my bedroom 20 feet away.  But the sounds sounded familiar and at this point in the evening I really didn't care if his clothes got wet...he was getting bathed soon.

So a few minutes later, he came hopping into my bedroom, proud as can be and said, "Mommy, Mommy, look at my hair!" all the while patting the top of his head and still be very confidant and proud in what he had done.

What had he done?  He got into the vaseline and applied it to the top of his head. Probably 1/3 of a jar just smeared into his hair!  Not his forehead, but his curly blonde locks.  He has had his hair washed 8 times already, 3 times with salon clarifier and baking soda.  I think it will probably take another 8 times until it is normal.  At least now, it just looks like it should be crunchy, it's only when you touch it that you realize that it's actually very greasy.

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Alison said...

Oh my...sounds like something my boys would do!!! I cannot believe you missed such a good Kodak moment. Next time. HAHA!

jlk said...

Ga-ross!

Mom said...

Toby's hair is well conditioned. As for the pictures this is Toby who hates pictures he would have tried to hide and smeared it all over something. What's the old saying "Time fixes all things" so will a lot of shampoos in this case. Hug the boys and talk to you later. Love Always Mom

The Mendon Welkers said...

Hilarious.....okay.....maybe not at the moment but now it is...right?