Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, September 11, 2009

I Remember...

Today is September 11th.  It has been eight years since the terrible terrorist attacks.  I think this day will always be somber day for me and I will always remember those hours that I wondered if James was safe (James worked in the DC area) and not being able to get  through to him because all cell phones were out and I didn't know if he ever made it to work or not (I later found out the building was evacuated) and thinking, now he never said anything about having to go to the Pentagon today did he? And trying to reassure myself that he didn't so he wasn't there.  But still your mind does crazy things at times like these. And still, I continued on with my day (looking back I honestly don't know how I didn't just tell my boss I was going home!)...eventually James walked into my place of work and I was relieved.  I think that thankfulness will always be intertwined with the thankfulness that our good friend, Rebeccah's, brother was also spared from harm or death that morning, he worked at one of the WTC buildings and his train was running late that morning.


Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Mom said...

It was so very scary for all of us back here too. The phone lines were over loaded. We did know how James was and where he was. I remember you were at work. I was so glad to hear your voice that afternoon and to know all was OK with you two. We all can remember where we were on that very day. Grandma Kay and I was watching T.V. about it, when we saw the second plane hit the towers. We knew it was no accident. Also your Dad and I flew out to Maryland the middle of October, there was only about 10 people on the planes both ways. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom