Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Enjoy the Little Things


I have a plaque in my house that says:

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."


I absolutely LOVE this saying. I think it is so true.

My kids like to pick flowers for me. They don't distinguish between a tulip, a clover blossom or dandelions. They bring them to me with excitement on their faces. They are trying to brighten my day, which they are.

Truth be told, I hate all this moving nonsense. If I could wiggle my nose and be done with it now...I would. I hate it. James is just as bad, actually worse, because not only is he worrying about moving from here and all that that involves, but he is also trying to tie up loose ends at work.

So when the boys brought these to me, I thought of my beloved saying. Trying to enjoy the little things. Accepting my boys' bright, cheerful bouquets and giving my little guys some big hugs!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Mom said...

Looking into their faces and seeing all their pride that they have picked these special flowers for their MOM. All the bought flowers in the world couldn't give you that feeling. It is a very special time in yours and their lives enjoy every flower. Hug the flower givers. Love Always Mom