Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby Brax

My sister Kate and her husband Ryan had their first baby on January 18, 2011. He is my boys' first cousin on my side of the family. He was born on his due date, after going through a month of thinking that he was coming "any day now".

Unfortunately, Kate did not get the gene for the fast, relatively easy labor like me, our mom, and our grandma. Her labor was approximately 25 hours long. It was really scary and came close to an emergency C-section. He also came out face-up (ouch!) But baby Brax is fine and Kate will be too once she recovers some!

He weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces and was 20 inches long.

We got to see him on Skype last night and he is a really, really cute baby!





Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Mom said...

Brax is the first grandchild that Grandpa Dan has got to see the day of his birth. It usually took a plane trip to see yours. I wish we could do a time warp or as your Dad and I say a Flash Gordon. How fun would that be to send the boys over for the night and I could send them back in a split second in the morning. Hug the boys Love Always Mom