Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Soccer Game 2009

Thomas played his first soccer game of the season tonight. His team, the Green Dragons, won 5-0. He's on an older team this year but was still in there kicking and running the whole time. We got rained on at the end. He plays until mid-June.



When I arrived at the game, I had a couple friends say something along the lines that I didn't look too happy to be there.  Well, it was my second trip to this area that day (which is a 30-minute drive from my house), and it is a major battle to get out of the house on time with all the gear that has to go on Thomas, and I wasn't too happy about the impending rain either...but at the end of the day, this is why I endure this thing called soccer.  Look at that face!







(For about the one millionth time, Toby was telling me, "I yawnt to go on the side! (slide)"



Until later,

Emily

PS: I was going to get him different socks but then I realized these bright yellow ones made it really easy to pick him out on the soccer field, so the yellow socks are staying!

5 comments:

Raenbows and Mud Puddles said...

i think the yellow socks rock! .. ok i am biased since yellow is my favorite color... ps. toby looks so cute, kayden said "mommy he is soooo cute"

Honeybee said...

Cute! I wouldn't change the yellow socks either. You look great by the way :) It was Audrey's first game today but she didn't do as well we lost 7-1 ouch!

ang said...

He's so cute out there on the soccer field! :) I've neglected my blog lately too-I've been on facebook almost every day. Love the pics.

Alison said...

I was thinking those yellow socks were COOL! Thomas looks so handsome in that top pic. I like your side bar pictures too...haha!

Mom said...

Those yellow socks are great for me too. He looks like he is enjoying it too. Of course Toby is our Toby. Hug the boys. Love Always Mom