Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Keukenhof--One Million Flowers, One Million People!

We just spent the last four days in the Netherlands.  We went down to see the tulip and daffodil fields.  Unfortunately, most of the daffodils were "done".  It was still amazing to see all the flower fields, I am used to seeing hay, grain or corn fields but it was a bit odd to see entire fields of flowers.


We also went to the famous Keukenhof.  Unfortunately, I think we went on the busiest day of the year!  It was also the day of the big flower parade in that area.  I have never in my life seen so many tour busses--never!  And, I don't think I've ever been to a place that was so crowded, either.  Luckily, surprisingly, although it was terribly crowded, the weather was beautiful the day we were at the Keukenhof and everyone was in a good mood--everyone meaning us and all the people all around us.

I will post pictures soon...

Until later,

Emily

0 comments: