Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Today I Realized...

Today I realized that it has been 28 months since we have sat through an entire Sacrament Meeting and not had to go out at least once with Toby.  In other words--yes, we finally made it! To say it was a relief, would be an understatement. He's also had two Sundays in a row where Nursery wasn't major drama although he still puts on quite the show when he's dropped off.  After nearly 10 months we're finally making progress.  I'm so glad his birthday is in January and he'll get a whole extra year in Nursery before he has to move on to Primary.  When Thomas was his age, it took him a long time before he "liked" Nursery too, and it seemed like he only liked Nursery for about 3 or 4 months and then the new year began and he was three so he moved up and then he had a really hard time in Primary, too.


Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

The Mendon Welkers said...

Oh how I totally relate. Yesterday was Nicole's 4th attempt at nursery and I can honestly say she HATES it. She cries the entire time and is completely inconsolable.

I'd have to say that by the time sacrament meeting is over both Dave and I have broken into a sweat.

I think there should be a rule that you can take a two year sabbatical from church when you have young ones!

Angie said...

Woo hoo! We are so not there yet! I usually have J run around with him. He is so much more active then my girls.