Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Opel Zoo--May Day

May Day--May 1, 2009

Today, was a German holiday, May Day, so Thomas was out of school. I asked my friend, who is German, what the holiday was all about and she told me, "I think it's just another excuse to get together with your friends or family and drink." She said it, not me!

Well, I bought Thomas and I season passes to the Opel Zoo about a month ago (Toby is still free) so I thought it would be a good day to hit the zoo. I invited my friend G and her son D. G has a season pass too, so we figured we'd go early and once it got too crowded, we would go home. It was a good plan, we only stayed a couple of hours, because by noon it was very crowded so we went home.





You might be wondering, this is a zoo, correct?  It is, but it also has some really fun playgrounds. These pictures of of one area, there are three or four other play areas as well.  We mainly hit the playground parts on this day.


Until later,

Emily




0 comments: