Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

This Mother's Day has been a wonderful day for me.  This morning, the boys woke up pretty much "on time" neither early nor late.  Thomas gave me his present that he made me at school which was a laminated book mark with his own illustration.  After the kids bounced around in bed, James took them downstairs and let me go back to sleep.  I came down an hour and a half later, and James had been cleaning the kitchen.  The last four days have been the kind of days where lots of messes have been made but not much has been cleaned up.  I made myself a little breakfast and checked all my online addictions, let me clarify: email, Facebook and my newest, Farm Town.  Then, I came upstairs and got to open my other Mother's Day presents.  The kids got me a new pair of earrings and James bought me a smoker with a gray cat on it and an Ann Taylor Loft gift card is on it's way!  Then I spent some time with the kids and picking up the house also, and went upstairs to get ready for the day.  James was busy making a cheesecake and doing more dishes. We went to church and everything went smoothly.  We came home, and James started making us dinner.  He made pasta, garlic bread and the cheese cake.  It was yummy, and he cleaned up!  We also got to Skype my mom before she left to celebrate with her mom! Now I am downstairs again (right now my laptop is not wireless because the battery died and I'm awaiting a new one in the mail) "vegging" out on the computer.  It was a good day!  Thanks Thomas, Toby and especially James!


Until later,

Emily

PS: I should also mention that yesterday afternoon, I got to take an afternoon nap, James brought home a bouquet of fresh tulips and I got to go to the movie with my girlfriend.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

It sounds like you had a good Mother's Day. Don't you wish everyday would be Mother's Day.

EJS said...

That's it. I'm forwarding this to Dan. Glad you had a great day. The hubby gets kudos for doing a great job of making it special.