Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Alice in Wonderland



Last night, James and I took our kids to see the new "Alice in Wonderland" movie. Johnny Depp is in it, he's probably tied with Jack Nicholson as my favorite actor so I was excited. And, actually, the whole family currently likes Johnny Depp because of a certain pirate character that he plays...


The movie was a fun movie. Both my kids were fully engaged the whole time. It was directed by Tim Burton, so you know it is a little dark and odd.(Rated PG for fantasy action/violence involving scary images and situations, and for a smoking caterpillar.) I thought it might be a tad scary for my kids but it was not. Yes, the do keep up with the "Off with your head" line and there is one scene in particular that dealt with decapitated heads (Alice has to step on the floating heads to get across the moat) and James & I both winced. But, it went right over both of our kids' "heads" if you will. At the very end, there is a battle with a dragon which ends in bloodshed...but I plan on letting them watch it again and will purchase it on DVD when it comes out.

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

jlk said...

I'm excited for this one! We'll probably wait until it's at Holiday Cinemas, because me and 3-D are not friends.

The Mendon Welkers said...

Good to know. Hannah REALLY wants to see it but I've been a bit nervous because it does look "dark" on the previews.

Aaron said...

What was James review?