Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, March 5, 2010

Goodbye Afternoon Naps

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed that Toby is making it through more and more days without an afternoon nap. It is to the point where I think his body only really "needs" a nap about twice a week now. Unfortunately, I have no idea when those days will occur. In the afternoon, we come home from our errands and/or appointments and he typically just "wants to watch a movie" for a while. Sometimes that results in him dozing off on the couch for a few minutes, but more than often, it does not.

My baby is growing up. However, he is still not potty-trained. I gave it a really good try in December and he showed absolutely no interest. I have noticed a few of the "signs" over the past couple of weeks but I really would like to have a few days where I can stay at home to try to tackle this again. For some reason, I really have a hard time ever doing this. But then, we are going to Italy at the end of this month...should I even pursue this when we are planning a major trip where the three truly potty-trained people in our household may have a hard time with the whole "finding a toilet" situation? Maybe all four of us should just wear Pull-Ups?! Maybe that's the solution!

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

The Mendon Welkers said...

It truly is a sad day when the naps go away. I always look forward to that downtime! Our church is 1-4 pm which messes up with EVERYONE's Sunday naps....drives me crazy!

I'd hold off on the potty training until after the trip. That's just one more thing to worry about.....asking if he has to go and trying to find a potty quickly. Yea...does not sound fun!

sues2u2 said...

I agree about waiting on the potty training. Any progress he makes would be interrupted & that makes for a very frustrated momma. Did it w/ Nik & it was Not good.

That's pretty cool that Erin & Ethan were able to come over. Is everybody excited to be moving back to the states soon?