Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Handsome & a Little Stinky...


I can't believe it, but the time has come for Thomas to start wearing deodorant! I "Googled" it because I know I didn't start wearing it until the beginning of the sixth grade (11) and he's only 7...and a 1/2...but basically what I found was when children start to stink, and that bothers you (it does), it's time for deodorant! I don't want him to be the stinky kid in class...so I bought him some Axe deodorant spray and he thinks it's the coolest thing! And it does the trick.


Until later,

Emily

PS: This decision was after we made sure he never skipped bathing one day and was diligent with pit-washing...so, there you go, it's time!

6 comments:

Alison said...

HAHA! You googled it! Don't you love the internet! I googled..."when to buy your girl a bra" the a couple of weeks ago. We went out and had our first official first bra experience in our home.

sues2u2 said...

Just make sure you've got the foot deodorant handy cause that comes next! He really is the right age. Third grade teachers have been known to spray deodorant on the kid as they march past w/ their arms in the air. (knew a teacher who made it a joke so that no one would feel singled out)

sigh... they grow up much, much, too fast.

The Mendon Welkers said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sitting here looking at Hannah and I can't believe it's time to start thinking about stuff like that! Boys are much different than girl with the body chemistry. I hope we have a bit longer before running in to this!

EJS said...

Gosh, I hope I hope those Axe commercials aren't accurate. Next you'll have to start peeling the girl's off of him.

EJS said...

Oh, BTW....I never smelled any body odor on him while I was there. I don't think you're in danger of him being the "stinky kid" in class.

MOM said...

Emily, Kate informed me when I told her about Thomas that boys just smell. I just remember that kids smell when they come in from playing. It wasn't fresh air smell they stink. Hug the little stinkers and I'll talk to you tomorrow. Love Always Mom