Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Am Surviving

Today, I hit 15 weeks. Over the past two weeks, I have had some better days. But, no matter what, it's as if I have some kind of internal clock, the morning sickness always kicks in at about 5 PM. And, there are still days, during the day, almost out of nowhere, where I will be seemingly fine and then find myself rushing to the toilet to heave the entire contents of my stomach. I never threw up with my other two pregnancies. Still, there are days where I feel miserable all day long! I have started to show over the past two weeks. But only gained two pounds so far. Actually, early on, I gained five pounds almost overnight, but then I lost it when the morning sickness kicked in, so now I'm once again weighing two pounds more than I did at the start of November. I have also not been headache-free for 16 days now. (Yes, I am counting!) Sometimes it's just a headache and other times it festers to a migraine.

Last Monday, I got to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler for the first time. The doctor forewarned me that it might take a few moments because the baby was still so small. Well, she placed it on the exact right spot and found it within a half a second! There was a nice, strong heartbeat!

Next Saturday, I start my 17p shots. We got it all worked out with the insurance and the medication is being delivered to the house early next week. In about a week and a half I get my next ultrasound. I suspect this will be the one where we find out if we are having a boy or a girl. James is going to this appointment. Thomas and Toby are certain it is a girl. I'm not sure who will be more upset if it's not, me or them. I'm still trying to prepare that it's another boy and that I'll be a permanent member of the "all boys club" but it's hard not to wonder, especially because I have felt quite a bit different this time around.

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Pregnancy is weird isn't it. *fingers crossed* for all the wishes to come true.

Mom said...

Your Dad and I are grand parents of the ALL BOYS CLUB too! We are good with that. We just feel blessed to have All our boys. What ever you have is a medical miracle baby. Hug the boys and take care of yourself. Love Always Mom

The Mendon Welkers said...

Glad to hear all is going well.....kind of....too bad about the sickness and headaches. That's a bummer! Look at the bright side....this too shall pass. Keep us posted!