Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Lifetime Member of the All-Boys Club!


(Profile pic)

Last Tuesday, James & I went to my 16-week sonogram. We knew this was most likely the "exciting one" where we would find out the gender of the baby. Upon our arrival, our sonographer cautioned us, "At 16-weeks, your baby is still pretty tiny." "I can make an educated guess but please do not go out and buy a bunch of clothes and certainly don't go out and paint your walls!" But, our baby was not shy and, as the sonographer said at first glance of it's parts..."Well, that is FAIRLY convincing!" We think so too. (It's a boy!) Since then, I have gone out and bought some light-weight sleepers since a lot of my NB and 0-3 month clothing is going to be way too warm!


(there is a curser point to the "boy parts")

I took the news pretty well. I was very realistic that it was probably a boy. But of course, there was a glimmer of hope, especially since this pregnancy has been so different from my other two. There were a couple days of letdown and accepting that this will be my family--no daughter, but I'm fine now. I'm just glad he's healthy & now to find a name for him! And, no, we're not sharing this time nor are we asking for suggestions...especially from my dad! That will be our big surprise to share when he arrives.

Toby was mad for about 10 minutes and then he was over it. Thomas is still trying to accept that it's not a girl. James, who has always been adamant that he never wanted to have girls because "they are far too emotional and I would have no idea what to do with one", finally admitted that he would have "been fine" if it was a girl, but "I'm fine that it's a boy too" which is about the closest thing to admitting that having a girl wouldn't have been the end of the world after all in his book, that I've ever heard from him in the 13+ years that I've known him!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Mom said...

I am just asking for one thing a healthy full term baby boy. I'll be happy and so very blessed to have one more wonderful grandson. Hug my first two and take care of yourself. Love Always Mom