Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009




Thomas and Toby were both pirates this year for Halloween. Some of you might recognize Thomas' costume from last year, he wore it last Halloween and last winter for Fasching. When asked in September what he wanted to dress up as, he said, "Why can't I be a pirate again, it still fits doesn't it?" I didn't argue too much with that. About a week before Halloween, he did try to change his mind but I told him it was too late.


We almost missed Halloween this year. Toby had a very bad virus for about 10-14 days. During that same time, Thomas and I both came down with Strep Throat. Thomas and I were both able to get on antibiotics and felt pretty good by Halloween night, Toby still felt pretty miserable and you can kind of tell in his pictures...he's really pale.

James and I took the kids out trick-or-treating in our neighborhood with some of our neighbor friends. This was our third and last year together. That seems strange. We let Toby trick-or-treat with the big kids and he had a blast. The Germans loved the 2 almost 3 year old pirate...they were always talking to him for extra long and it was quite common for him to come back with double the candy!

Back at home, James' cousins, Shannon and Hillary and their dad, Brian (sorry guys I couldn't think of any clever alias names either) were handing out the candy. Once we got home, we ordered asian food from our local restaurant and relaxed the rest of the night.

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

jlk said...

They are so cute! I'm glad they celebrate Halloween over there.

Mom said...

They are really cute pirates. I am glad you are all feeling better. Hug the boys. Love Always Mom

ryanalisha said...

Oh my goodness, did you get the little one to crack a smile?!! they are so cute.