Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, May 14, 2010

RIP "Really, Really Old Guy"

For at least two and a half years of this crazy German adventure, day after day, I have watched a really old guy that resembled a gnome walk by my kitchen window. He had white hair that was sort of long and I don't really know how to explain it but he looked like a gnome! I would ALWAYS see him at around 9-9:30 AM every morning and then most days again at around 3:30-4:00 PM. He would walk circles around the park that is next to my house. He wasn't very fast, and he walked with a cane, but religiously he went on his daily walk (sometimes twice a day). But I admired him for going out and getting his exercise no matter what the weather was like. I often thought I should get a picture of him because he really did become part of my day. I couldn't figure out how to do it without seeming like a stalker though. And he may have been old but he was certainly aware of his surroundings. We never had a conversation, we barely said more then "Guten Morgen" to one another, but I could tell that he was a gentle old soul that made me smile whenever I saw him. I never knew his name.


It occurred to me a while back, that I haven't seen really, really old guy in quite a while. Sometimes in the afternoon, his daughter (or who I assume is his daughter) would walk with him. One day, I saw the daughter walking with a female friend and the dog that would accompany her with really, really old guy. That's when I realized that it has been a long time since I have seen really, really old guy around, I think he must have passed away over the winter. RIP, "Really, Really Old Guy".

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Mom said...

I am sure the really old guy is looking down on you and smiling knowing he had become part of your days events and you actually missed and noticed he isn't there anymore. He is now doing his walking in heaven I am sure. Hug the boys. Love Always Mom