Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Getting Ahead of the Laundry. . .

I know that many of my friends have a hard time staying on top of their laundry. I also have this problem. Until recently. I have stumbled upon the solution! The reason we have a hard time keeping up with the laundry is simply because we have way too many clothes!

We came here two weeks ago tomorrow, with only the few clothes packed in our bags. We all had about a weeks worth of outfits. Now let me just say that there has been a 20-35 degree difference in the temperature from MD to Germany so my small selection became even smaller once I stepped off the plane. Away went two pair of shorts, now I have four pair of capris and a pair of jeans to choose from. All my tops still work out, but I wish I had some long-sleeved items. Luckily, I packed jackets for me and the kids, Thomas has a pair of jeans and Toby has two pair of pull-on cotton pants. James wasn't so prepared. He has all shorts and short-sleeves in his casual selection. At least he has an adequate work wardrobe here.

You all might be wondering why we don't just go out and by some warmer clothes? It is because we are thinking that any day now our air freight will appear. Yes, this is the very same air freight that we were lead to believe would be delivered within days of us getting here or maybe even before we arrived. It's not here. We have no idea where it is. You bet we are frustrated.

So, back to my original thought, it is pretty darn easy to keep up on laundry when you don't have much to choose from! I do a couple small loads each day and it's no problem!

Until later,

Emily

0 comments: