Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Getting Started. . .

A couple of months ago, I decided that I would need to start blogging soon. I have a few friends that have blogs that I have followed for nearly a year now, and I have quite enjoyed keeping up with them through their blogs. I started a blog similar to this in June, only I never actually posted and my memory failed me with the title, email address, and password. Jana was able to help me with the blog address, but the rest never came to me and when I tried to "hack" into it, it was a nightmare. Everything was in German, even though our computer is set to be in English. Anyways, I have started over today (and I think I have everything set to English). Not much is lost, except the time I spent trying to access my old blog.

Well, getting started. . . for safety's sake, I will be using "alias names" in this blog. No, we are not using these names while we are in Germany. We use our real names here. We are named after Thomas the Train characters. I am Emily or I am also referred to as the Highlight Addict in the blog world already. My husband is James, our oldest is Thomas and our baby is Toby.

In June, when I announced to James that I would be starting a blog, he got very upset. Apparently, at his company, they frown upon blogs. Never being one to be told what to do, especially when it is combined with the word, "NO", I responded that I do not work for his company and therefore would move forward with my plans to blog. However, I will not be posting much about his new job, old job or anything in between and would appreciate it very much if any of your replies also don't inquire or hint at anything about his occupation past/present. It will keep the peace in the family. Things that you might hear about his job will be things like, "James is working late tonight" or "James is out-of-town", not too exciting, I know.

So, this blog will mainly be about my daily life and the daily life of my family. You will probably get bored very quickly when you realize that my life in Germany is just about as mudane as my life in the states! I will include pictures, once I figure out this blog system and how to use our new laptop computer.

I read somewhere recently that it takes nearly 100 blog posts before you gain your "voice". So, please bear with me in this. . . mainly, I hope to keep all those that want to, up to date with us especially now that we are so far away and 6-9 times zones apart! Thank goodness for the internet!

I can't promise that I will post daily, but I hope to post multiple times a week or at the very least, weekly.

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love being able to check in on you!! I will keep checking in!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me -- I know you will find your new adventures great memories and many laughs in the future years. New to this blog stuff so if it doesnt work --just consider the source

Anonymous said...

well, i see i already bonged it up -- comment anonymous is me -"Gert" will try again to send this one correctly

Emily Snow said...

Glad to see you both checking my blog! It makes me feel so loved! :)

Anonymous said...

I an trying this again. the teacher in the family got me to your Blog. But it's to late for her to help me with this. Red is coming up tomorrow to reinstall alot of my programs. I will try to Skype you when we both are in the day hours. Mom