Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sickness has hit our household. . . .

Sunday morning, James complained of not feeling so well. I thought it was a lame excuse to wiggle out of going to church. So, I kind of rolled my eyes at him and went to study the driver's license exam. He hacked and whined and I was sort of irritated. I did start feeling bad when he started to throw up and complain of being cold in what I would consider a too warm of a house.

He threw up some more and then I sent him to stay in Thomas' room. I figured it would be better to sort of quarantine him there and keep Thomas in our room. Toby's already there--so why not have a party? (sidenote: I had moved Toby into his own room in Frederick for one week, but then when we got here, he ended up back in our room again, once the curtains are hung, he'll go into his own room). Thomas thought it was cool sleeping in the same room as Toby and Mom.

Yesterday, James did not come into our room to shower at the expected time. I thought, for sure, that he was going to call in sick. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he was going to try to go to work. He went in, about an hour later, than normal and made it through the day. He came home, had dinner and was in bed before 9:30. He said he's feeling better this morning but still not 100%. I am washing sheets today and hoping for the best.

Until later,

Emily

0 comments: