Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Farewell Flowers

My beautiful flowers that I spent so much time, energy and money on. I had the best-looking American yard in the neighborhood and even beat out a lot of my German neighbors in "getting our yard in". I left James in charge of watering the flowers when I left...

James, bless his heart, I know he came down with Strep Throat the day we left Germany and suffered for an entire week before seeking medical help, has had to work a lot of long days, including weekends this month, and recently returned from a 4-day work assignment to Berlin--but all the same, he neglected (as in NEVER watered!) them and now they are gone. Grrr. Grrr.

Oh, well, not much I can do except plan to plant mums when I get back.

And, I'll admit, I'd rather have the ugly ol' dead yard and spend two months in the States than have the beautiful yard and be stuck there!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

jlk said...

Next time, hire a neighbor.