Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Got My Nails Done!

Today, I got my nails done. No, not just a regular manicure...I got fake acrylic nails put back on. When I moved to Germany, I kept my nails "on" for about four months and then decided to let them fall off, I was never happy with the way they turned out, I had a lot of problems with them, and it costs a lot more to get a fill there. I always intended to go somewhere new and get a new set in a couple months, but the months came and went and I never got my nails put back on.

So, now, I have a beautiful set of square, french-manicured nails. I had to come home and file them shorter, but that's OK. I can never seem to communicate well enough that I really do like them super-short. In fact, my "nail-girl" back in MD once said to me, "Why do you have your nails done when you wear them this short? Why don't you just get manicures?" I'll wear them with a french manicure probably for the remainder of my trip and then I'll start having them painted a color. Because, that's really why I have my nails done, with the acrylic, because the polish will stay on and I don't have to worry much about them and they look good. When they are "natural" I am painting them all of the time even though I wear gloves to do dishes, and gloves to garden, etc.

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you like it when you spend money to get your nails done and then you realize you have to either change a diaper, pick up dog poop or scoop the litter box or clean the toilet. All that time and energy literally in the toilet. Gotta love being girls!
love ya and enjoy seeing James
mlk