Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Here, There, and Back Again!

We have already been in Utah for a week and a half! My how time flies when you're having fun! We have had lots of family time with both sides of the family. We just returned last night from spending about five days with James' family. Thomas got in some "cousin time" and Toby got to know everyone. The last time he was with them was a year ago, so of course he doesn't remember anyone. He was a little overwhelmed the first few days, but he's fine now. I got to eat at Cafe Rio one time before they pulled tomatoes out of the restaurants. I sure hope they solve this problem soon because I have my Cafe Rio quota to reach and I'm going to California in two weeks where I hope to eat Mexican food at least daily! Mexican food without fresh tomatoes, i.e. Mexican food with out fresh pico? Tragic! Ah, I'll still eat it, but it won't be the same!

I have also been getting some "Retail Therapy" in. Can I just say that I love Old Navy and American Eagle? And, I can't wait to go to Ann Taylor Loft, oh, how I miss that store being less than five minutes away from my home! I've been picking up some new summer clothes for myself and the kids. Naturally, my kids have more new duds than I do.

Speaking of summer...it is summer, right? While I know my East Coast friends have been dying in the heat, my mom actually had to turn on the furnace for a few minutes this morning because it was too chilly in the house! The weather report calls for 90 degree weather by the weekend though so we, too, will be complaining of the heat within days!

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Chipotle and they didn't have their "fresh" salsa and I was so upset about it! :) Glad to see you're having a good time back home!

Life in Maryland said...

I've backed off on Mexican since MLK's husband was kind enough to tell me how many calories are in a Chipotle burrito (3,000+). :P It made me sad and I haven't been back since. 3 more lbs to go and then maybe I will.

So for now, it's homemade Quesadilla's with reduced fat tortillas and hot, hot, hot sauce to speed up that metabolism.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!! I miss you
MLK