Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Anniversary Bling!

Well, today I went into town to continue my quest for anniversary bling once I picked up my repaired wedding ring. I don't know if James will ever let me shop for fine jewelry by myself or say the words "get what you like" again but at least his present is bought almost a month in advance! I ended up looking at three different jewelers, it would have been four but I found out that one of the places I was planning on checking out went out of business recently...so it was only three places, which I might add--some of the shopping was done on foot due to a flat tire (I got it fixed but had some time to kill before I could get it fixed so I walked to one of the places in near 100 degree weather--flat tires never happen at a convenient time!) So, I had it narrowed down to three different anniversary bands, one at Needham's and the other two at Morgan's and then the salesman at Morgan's (by this time it was my second time there) brought out "something new that we didn't have on Monday". I can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday (it has to be sized down)!

Until later,

Emily

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was sparkling even off the computer screen!! So beautiful!! I can hardly wait to see it up close..but it seems that will be a while. :(
mlk

Anonymous said...

Very nice-- I would like to do something with my ring too- on the band but probally won't happen for at least a couple of more years....I like your ring choice-very elegant.

sues2u2 said...

The ring is a beauty! Sounds like it wasn't fun though trying to get it. Guess this will be a story to pass on down through the line!

jlk said...

So pretty. I love how you wouldn't even let a hot tire and 100 degree temps get in your way of a new ring.

Emily Snow said...

JLK--Well, I had to because it was basically my last day to get one from the Logan area if I was going to get it this year. Or, I would have had to start my search all over in Salt Lake but even then I wouldn't have much time!

Life in Maryland said...

Very pretty! I LOVE my anniversary band! I wear it more than anything else. You will find it very convenient and feel so pretty!