Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, July 21, 2008

I Feel Naked!

Our 10th wedding anniversary is coming up next month. I informed James that I would quite like some "bling" to go with my wedding ring, i.e. an anniversary band. With a lot to do in the week+ that he'll have out here, he suggested that I go out and "look" on my own. Today, I did just that. Unfortunately, after a quick inspection of my wedding ring, it was determined that all six of my prongs are so thin that they could go any day. I had no idea! I always inspect it, but I guess because I don't have "trained" eyes, I couldn't tell that they are thin, only that they were not broken! The girl told me that prongs generally have to be repaired every 7-10 years, so I'm right on track! So, the ring had to come off and get repaired. I can pick it up on Wednesday, but boy do I feel naked! And self-conscious! Not only am I on an extended vacation without my husband, but now I'm not wearing a ring! Scandalous!

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Great reminder. Thanks. It feels pretty weird not to have them on doesn't it? I actually bought a cheap band to wear when I decorate cakes because after 17 years you kinda get used to the feeling!

Anonymous said...

LOL!