Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our Little Bruiser!



Toby is a dangerous child.  Mainly he is dangerous because he does not sense danger and yet he is somehow drawn to it.  He has been lucky and injured himself very little.  Mainly he breaks things and give James and I gray hair.  Today, as Toby and I were leaving to go to the gym, he was a few steps ahead of me going out the door.  He has gone up and down our outside steps numerous times and generally has pretty good balance--for a 2-year old.  However, today, his luck ran out.  Right as I said, "Toby, wait for Mommy!", he lost his balance and face-planted into a step, a step made of textured blocks.  Sadly, my first thought was not worry of him, no the first thing that came out of my mouth was, "See-- you need to listen to Mommy!".  I felt a little bad when I lifted him up and saw this damage! (And, as usual, it really does look much worse in person!) However, I was still hopeful that a lesson had been learned somewhere.  I found out this afternoon, as we left to pick up Thomas from school, it had not!  He did the same exact thing.  Will this kid survive?  Will this mom?


Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa said "poor little guy" he feels sorry for him too. I am sure it will not slow him down. Maybe he might pause for one moment but not long with Toby. As we discussed the other day Thomas and Toby are almost opposites in the fear factor. Hug the boys and I will talk to you tomorrow. Love Always Mom

jlk said...

Patch does the same thing. On Tuesday we were walking into the Y behind the mailman, when the mailman opened the door pretty fast and into Patch's head. It was a nasty crack and Patch cried and said "That hursta my boday!" (he's Italian). It's a good thing that kids are like elephants and made of rubber.

The Mendon Welkers said...

Isn't it amazing how two kids from the same parents can be so different. Good luck with Toby....I have one just like him!!!!