Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, February 23, 2009

Tailer: Back on a Diet

Last August, I put Tailer on a diet.  I could tell she was losing weight and about two weeks ago I tightened her collar four notches, and had tightened in one other notch a couple of months before.  I didn't really know how much weight she should lose so I put her on maintenance diet about two weeks ago.


Well, today, I took Tailer to the vet.  She weighs 14.6 pounds and the vet told me she needs to get down to 12 pounds.  The last time Tailer was weighed was in August 2007 and she weighed 16.7 pounds, but I am sure she weighed a pound more than that this August when she started her diet.  So, the diet is working and the vet said this is the right way for her to lose the weight, very slowly, but she needs to get down to 12 pounds.

Other than that, she is in good health, but it was a little sad for me to hear her called an "older" cat already (she is 8).  She got her rabies and distemper shots and unless she has any problems she won't have to come in until 10 days before we move back to have get her health certificate.

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad Tailer has only weight to lose. It's hard to believe she is 8. Hug the boys and take care. Love Alaways Mom