Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March: In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb!

More like a white lamb.  We have substantial snow on the ground yet again.  This morning, I was glad that we haven't taken our snow tires off and I feel like we got our "money's worth" out of them in one instant.  I was coming home from taking Thomas to school, got to the turnoff to our neighborhood (the same one that we got in our car accident in November).  I was going slow but noticed that there was a car turning left that I had to yield to, I went to hit the brakes and hit ice.  It was like a nightmare coming true again but then I felt the grip of the tires.  It's the first time I've honestly felt a difference between our all-season tires and the snow tires.  And I am quite certain those snow tires saved us from another accident and this one would have probably been more damage and might have hurt someone.


Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

sues2u2 said...

I am so glad that you guys are okay. Is everyone feeling better from your bout w/ the stomach flu?

Alison said...

What a blessing. I am glad you were OK! SNOW?! I am so ready for SPRING!

The Mendon Welkers said...

Thank goodness for the snow tires! I am glad nothing happened to your or either of the boys! Last time you posted you guys had the stomach flu. I hope you are all feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are all fine and that those snow tires stopped you in time. Hug the boys and be careful. See you in 10 days and I will hug the boys myself. Love Always Mom