Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday James!

Today, James is "officially over the hill", yep, he turned 40. I didn't have a big party at all. Not his style and as he told me last week, he's a bit depressed by this birthday. James had the day off so that was nice for him and we took Thomas and Toby to the doctor. Thomas went for a check-up and Toby for the first half of the flu shot. Then, we went to the commissary and bought a car load of groceries. We came home, put away the groceries, and I whipped up dinner. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't get a cake made. But, in my defense, I didn't get a cake at all on my last birthday! While at the commissary, I kept pointing out all these frozen cakes and pies in the freezer section, but James didn't want any of them. Actually, if he just wanted a cake, I could have made one of those in the morning, since we sent Thomas to school for two hours. But, no, he wants a pie or lemon tarts, two things that don't come easily for me. Honestly, I've never made tarts but now he has his grandma's recipe and his mom brought him a tart pan last month so now I get to experiment.

The kids and I bought him a new camera, he wanted a slim one that he can take with him when he travels for work and some new work shirts. He also got some jerkey and some money.

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Happy belated to James! Yep, 40 is tough. I can totally relate.

Mine is going to be 50 in 3 1/2 yrs. Now I'm really starting to feel old!

Anonymous said...

I have found a NO-FAIL Pie crust recipe in the new Lewiston City cookbook if the one James has doesn't work it is on page 311. Since you have the book you can check it out. Since we already did the wishing and singing Happy Birthday. Tell James he only has 362 days and he will be 41. Mom told me this morning she was one day into her 95th year. She is funny. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom

Life in Maryland said...

Happy Birthday James!

Sarah said...

Please tell him Happy Birthday for me!! Those mile stone birthdays SUCK!! I remember turning 30, I didn't want to get out of bed! It scared the crap out of me thinking I could be that old, well now a few years later 30 dosent seem that old. My sis tells me all the time, be grateful what you have accomplished in those 40(30 for me:)) years of yours. There are still many people who still have dreams they are not living and families they are still wishing they had and are much older than we are..... Happy birthday:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Doesn't look a day over 30 :)