Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Waking Up to the News

Now, I'm not an overly-political person. I know a lot of people enjoy talking "politics", I do not. So this post isn't meant to be my first attempt at a political post. Since Germany is six hours ahead of the East coast and nine hours ahead of the West coast, we went to bed hours before the election was called. I even thought that maybe when we got up this morning, we still wouldn't know the answer. But, I was wrong. Barack Obama is our new president-elect. I'm going to be honest, he's not who I voted for! I have this heavy rock feeling in my stomach this morning as I am trying to digest that the one that I didn't want voted into office did just that...uugh...

On a lighter note, over the last couple of months, the German radio station I listen to has reported a lot on the US Presidential campaign and they can't pronounce Barack's name the right way--they pronounce it like "Derek" only with a B. (Not like I don't completely slaughter nearly every German word I say!)

Until later,

Emily

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not my choice either, but he will be our president, and as Americans have always proved in the past, we will regroup and support our leader.
I was so impressed and moved by McCain's concession speech. In my opinion he will always be a truly gentle man and gentleman. He loves America so much, he is a great example to all of us as we go forward.
Have a great time to London.
Love, Gert

Anonymous said...

I keep reminding myself I have lived through other presidents I didn't want so I PRAY we will make it through the next four years. I remember Carter, and don.t forget Clinton. Hug the boys, Take care. Love Always Mom

sues2u2 said...

Grin & bear it is my motto!

Love the part about the radio station. Funny.

Felicity said...

I've been where you are now, and it's not fun.

Thank you for your comment on my blog--it was very gracious. I hope you have a great day.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I'm not to happy either. All I can say is Mitt 2012 !!!

Sarah said...

Its kinda crazy! Everyone who I talked to about this said I should have known as it was predicted but I guess I wasent paying that much attention, I am still a little surprised. BTW I am totally jelous you get to go to London!! Have Fun! And I cant wait to see photos!

Anonymous said...

Bah humbug to that!
Oh well, I think that it'll be interesting to see as to what he does with this position!