Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More Teeth Drama!

What would my blog be without a post about teeth at least once a month?  Toby is still getting in those bottom eye-teeth...boy are they killing him!  The top part of the tooth is out on both of them but I think right now the widest part is coming up.  He walks around with his middle finger and index finger in his mouth all of the time...or he'll spontaneously just start chewing on household objects.  I actually thought maybe he was working on his 2-year old molars, but I'm pretty sure he is not. However, when trying to get Toby to open his mouth wide for me, I had Thomas be my example and then we discovered that he is getting one of his 6-year old molars!  I thought that was kind of funny since Michelle W had just told me about them a couple of weeks ago.  Thomas got all excited because he thought that meant the Tooth Fairy was going to come visit him but I had to explain that first he had to lose a tooth!  Luckily, Thomas' new tooth is not bothering him.  Toby, on the other hand, is hardly eating and looks kind of hammered.  I don't know why my children basically stop eating when they don't feel well...but they do.  It's been going on long enough with Toby that James and I commented last night that he looks skinnier.  Then James made the comment that, "Too bad I can't get 40-year old molars." He said it...not me!


Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Ana said...

Ah, teething. Number two son has been a lot harder than Wyatt was. And he's only got five teeth so far!

I'd love some German chocolate to try. I'm guessing we have a regular address, though. We live on base, but it's not an APO address or anything. I'm not sure how that all works.

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten what fun teething was until J came along. He has his bottom two and is working on the top ones. So there is baby-slime, drool marks everywhere. And of course the fever and fussness that goes along with it, lucky for me he still eats and drinks. Good luck with Toby.......

Anonymous said...

Just a random thought but the celery that he got into from the earlier post probally felt really good on his teeth!