Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween started out like any normal day. James went to work and Thomas went to school. They did not dress up at his school although from what Thomas brought home from school on Friday, I could tell that his American born-and-raised teacher did what she could to "celebrate". As soon as we got home (3:30 PM) Thomas wanted to go trick-or-treating. I convinced him to pick up the living room and then fed Thomas and Toby an early dinner of cold cereal. Then, they began getting dressed. My mom had sent out some Halloween makeup as I was really hoping to draw some facial hair on Thomas and a little black nose on Toby. Thomas actually absolutely hated the makeup, but he did look pretty good. My parents and Kurt got to see him (through Skype) also wearing his eye patch, but by the time I took pictures (about 5 minutes later) there was no talking Thomas into putting it back on. I changed my mind on the black nose on Toby since he is once again a snot machine (I think I'm going to try to take him to the doctor on Monday).

James got home just in time to take the kids out trick-or-treating. He went with some of the other American dads in our neighborhood and the wives stayed home and handed out the candy. We didn't get nearly as many trick-or-treaters as last year! That was kind of disappointing. Both boys came home with a lot of candy and I have a lot of leftovers too.

As a little side-note, it was quite chilly on Halloween night. Toby's costume was all warm and furry, so he was fine wearing "normal" clothes underneath since his costume was sort of like wearing a light snow suit. Thomas' costume was paper-thin so he wore sweats UNDERNEATH his costume. But, then, I looked back to my own childhood and how many Halloween costumes had to have a thick, winter coat over them (thus totally ruining the great costume!)and I thought to myself, "Boy, how lucky are these two?"

Until later,

Emily













2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

The boys look so sweet! Love the great pirate on Thomas. He really rocks it! And Toby? Well, from the pix you show of him on the dinning table it looks like you found a costume that was super appropriate (in a very loving way!) lol!

Anonymous said...

Very cute costumes--what's that look that he has in the first picture? Really cute! they are getting big-- its crazy