Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Horrible Ending to a Fun Weekend

Well, we're back from London.  I will post all about it later on, including pics, but as we were leaving the Frankfurt airport there were snow flurries, as we kept driving the snow got worse and, thus, the roads got worse.  We got off the autobahn, made our way to our neighborhood and as we turned into our neighborhood, we lost control of our car and hit the median pretty hard.  There were already three cars off the side of the road and some of those people were waving at us not to hit them.  Not that I wanted to hit them, but I would have rather gone into the ditch instead.  We're fine, but the car wouldn't make it up our hill, although I'm not sure it would have anyway in these conditions. It's making a funny sound and not steering right but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how much damage has been done.  This happened when it was pitch black outside and our car is dark grey.  James thinks it's the alignment and perhaps one or two of our wheels.  I've got to admit, I think it's worse, but I hope he's right.


Until later,

Emily

6 comments:

Life in Maryland said...

Eek! I'm just glad to hear you no one is hurt!!! At least you were close to home! Hope it's not too bad ...

Anonymous said...

Emily I know how bad you feel but in all honesty you and yours are lucky no one was hurt only your vehicle. You walked home, you are blessed. Rondo can be fixed and with luck it will be something quickly fixable. Let's hope James is right. Hug the boys and I talk to you tomorrow. Remember your Dad has a doctor appointment, I'll call you when I get home. Love always Mom

Felicity said...

Oh, I'm so sorry your fun time ended like that. I hope it turns out to be less than both of you think.

Anonymous said...

Thankfully you were not hurt!
The car can be fixed and you were close enough to home to get there on foot. There are good angels watching over you. Hopefully the car can be quickly and economically repaired. Just dwell on the good times of the vacation.
Love, Gert

sues2u2 said...

What an ending! I am very relieved to hear that nobody was hurt though. And I'm w/ everyone else. Here's hoping that it's not too costly!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you weren't hurt! How scary though and such a headache when things go wrong on the car!