Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good-night and Good-bye!






My kids said their good-night's and good-bye's to Grandma Sherry and Grandpa Dennis last night. Tears were shed by Thomas. He understands that when he wakes up this morning, they will be gone. Toby will figure it out this morning when he wakes up and the house is rather empty. I'm sure that he will wander around wondering where they are. I've seen it with Thomas when he was younger, it is so sad.

We had a wonderful time with James' parents. I think it was a trip with good balance in it, considering the circumstances. The first afternoon I stayed home with Toby and then there was one day where I stayed back with both of the kids so that everyone could go at a faster pace (and I could get some things done at home). The kids were really good, all except on Saturday when Toby was still coping with the shots and I'm pretty sure he had an earache. The weather was also amazing, it only rained hard for one day and the leaves are absolutely breath-taking right now. It was never very cold outside, either. We also had quite a bit of down-time in the mornings and the evenings, so the kids could play with Grandma and Grandpa and we were also able to talk, especially once the kids went to bed.

Thanks for coming over Grandpa Dennis and Grandma Sherry, we miss you already!

Until later,

Emily

0 comments: