Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Air Freight is Here!

It's here...it's in our house! It came on Monday. It's been like Christmas here. Literally, it had left our presence so long ago that we had forgotten what exactly we had packed. Mainly, it was clothes and jackets which were much, much needed. Our linens. Toby's exersaucer was in it. It's been so nice to have something else for him to "do". Luckily, I've had the Johny Jumper for a while, but if any of you noticed in the pictures, even that has had to be tweaked. Our doorways in this house are much shorter than our home in Maryland. I had to knot up the johny jumper for it to work. I packed my drying rack, my laundry baskets and my hampers--hooray I think it's hard not having those things. I didn't pack bathroom rugs which I wish I had. Some of our kitchen things came and I packed cookbooks. I never thought I'd actually say I missed cooking but after eating frozen food and box-kits for over a month, I'm ready to cook a meal or two!

Onto a different subject, I had a rough night last night with Toby. He has a head cold. :( Prematurity set aside, he has been a really easy baby and I have had so few sleepless nights--so when I do have a sleepless night, it hits me hard. Also, I feel like I'm getting the same cold, so getting no sleep isn't going to help. I think it will be an early Diet Coke morning!

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you and the liitle guy are sick. You have so much to do to put your house in order. It's a good thing in away things are coming in stages. Too bad the stages are so far apart. Take care give the boys a kiss from me and try to take it a little easy and give yourself a chance to get over this bug. Love Always Mom 6:45 p.m.

Anonymous said...

Different climate, different bugs so unfortunately you guys may be under the weather off and on for the first year. I know when Bill moved from the 'salt grass and cattails' to the foothills he caught every bug that came along that first year. If you can find it try a product called Airborne, I used it when we went to Hawaii and didn't pick up anything on the plane. You can give it to both boys since its a tablet that disolves in water. Great flavors, too........ That care and rest when you can....

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your stuff arrived!! I imagine that makes it feel more like home. You are good about waiting for a Diet Coke....I would have it inserted in my vain as my alarm clock!!I hope everyone feels better soon.
love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Grandma Sherry said
Loved the pictures! Thank you for the grandparents card. Love to all! Grandma S