Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random Thought Thursday...

A Hairy Situation:

Eight months after giving birth to Toby, I am happy to announce that my hair has stopped falling out in near clumps each day. Some of you may know that I was starting to get worried in May-June when this didn't seem to be slowing down and my pathetic pony tail was getting tinier by the week. I had some blood tests done in June and was hoping that something would show up--but no, it was just the body adjusting! So, now, I have about a ba-jillion (it's my blog--I can make up words if I want to!) 1/2 inch to 2 inch strands shooting out from my head. My hair's still pretty lifeless but it will get better over time.


Until later,


Emily

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your stress level is less(Ha Ha) or your body is getting use to the amount of stress you pack around with you. I am glad you have stopped molting. ALL your hair fell out around three months when you were a baby. Just think in a few month you will have to come up with a new hair cut to handle the new layers. Emily at your age my hair came in, more color resisted as you put it. I call it GRAY. Give the boys a kiss for me. Love Always Mom Thurs.7:25 a.m.

jlk said...

Hooray for hair!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your hair is growing in and staying in!! Don't you love side effects. :)

Sarah said...

I lost a ton of hair when I had my daughter, I thought I was going to be the lady with the combover...lol
It is way too scary to handle sometimes

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog, Sarah! I was getting pretty nervous about my hair. I'm still not quite sure what I should do since I lost so much of it. Common sense would tell me to cut it but for some reason I think it needs to be longer. I did the same thing when I had my first, grew it out so I could wear it in a ponytail most days until I faced the facts that even with a "good hair year" I look better with shorter hair. And, yet, here I go again!

Alison said...

My hair did the same thing after the triplets. That is all we "hair" women need!! It should add texture at some point...right!?! GOOD LUCK with the grow out. A good hair vitamin helped me grow it back FASTER!