Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Feeling of Frustration is Slowly Taking Over My Body!

Thomas was supposed to start preschool tomorrow afternoon. I got him on "the list" over two weeks ago. I thought it was a little strange that I never heard anything from the preschool last week about the first day of school, especially when the head person had mentioned that she was going to have an open house sort of thing. Today, I thought I'd make a phone call myself to find out what was going on.

Well, they did have the open house last week and apparently, we missed it. And we missed it because we didn't know anything about it! He's now not on the list and we have to start over with the whole process! I am supposed to call tomorrow morning at 6 AM and talk to Miss Ginny about making an appointment. If there are any openings, he may start tomorrow but not before we meet with them first.

Now, I bet you all think I'm frustrated at the preschool. But, no, I'm actually not. They tried to call, they might have even left a message, which I may or may not receive today, tomorrow or sometime this month!

We still do not have our fancy-shmancy phones from the phone company and our voicemail is set up in German. We have discovered that some people are leaving messages and then, to their frustration, we don't call back. Or, like with the preschool, I am sure they assumed that we were no longer interested and that we didn't even bother to call them and let them know. But,
we don't know how to access our voicemail, not to mention switch the language to English. I'm going to try to contact someone at our relocation service (German) to help us with the phones. Enough is enough!

Adding to my frustration is trying to get in touch with James while he is at work. He doesn't have voicemail at all at his work and a lot of times, when he is away from his desk, it will ring a few times at his desk and then be re-routed to one of his coworkers that works on the same team. His co-workers seem very nice, but when I am trying to get in touch with James, I don't want to make small talk with his workmate and then leave a message for James to call home! What is worse is when everyone is away from their desk! I don't like the feeling of "what if this were an emergency? I have been calling every 10 minutes for the past 30 minutes and I can't get a hold of anyone!"

Gee. . . this is great therapy!

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Collapse comments

Mom said...
Remember to count to 10 or no that would more like 10,000 in this case. Emily things will work out. You been strong willed (I said ornery, Kate said I should say strong willed. That is what people call her) enough so when things get bad you get mad and take thing into your hands and stop waited for anyone else to do it. It will get better, take a deep breath and try pet therapy to calm you down. I know that is why you took Tailer with you now. Love Always Mom 8:00 p.m.

Anonymous said...

Gert said...
Emily, Just remember that all these major catastrophies will be ocassions for many laughs in the years to come, but in the mean time, reach for a star (remember each star is an angel and there are plenty to go around).
Hopefully today is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today. Love Gert

September 5, 2007 3:05 PM