Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Saturday Shopping

For the most part, we have spent every Saturday since we arrived here, shopping. Mainly, we have done regular shopping--grocery shopping and gathering things for our empty house. But, since I now have wheels (and dare to use them) my goal has been to get us out of that rut! I am happy to tell you all that we didn't do any regular shopping at all yesterday! And yet, we still spent a good portion of the day....shopping. But, it's OK because this was fun! We went to a big bazaar at the Ramstein Airforce Base. We got to see all kinds of foreign goods. We came home with quite a few bags and lots of ideas about "next year" and "the next time we go to one of these things". The weather was wonderful--in the 70's and sunny. Thomas had a great time, we bought him a toy dog that is hooked to a pole that has flappy feet and he walked the darn thing the rest of the day. The only downside was that strollers weren't allowed. So, we had to carry Toby all day long. He is a 20-pound lug (I'm guessing)! Fortunately, we knew this ahead of time, so I brought my Hotslings baby carrier. They allowed strollers on Thursday and Friday so I told James to make a mental note that next year we will go on one of those days because there is no way we're not putting Toby (as a 20-monther)in a stroller--that would be a total nightmare!

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I glad to hear things are starting to get more normal. James has always been good at finding fun adventures for you all to do ever since you guys left Utah. And seeing the red dog, which is now Thomas's favorite toy, was fun for all of us to see. I will be hauling hay or corn Monday. I will try to contact you before I go out or call me on my cell. Love Always Mom sunday 6:30 p.m.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun!! The dog sounds like fun. It is funny the toys our children end up loving and spending time with. Even if it is only one good week with a special toy....it makes it worth it!!
I love ya. Have I said this enough...I am glad you are doing this..I feel like I am so up to date with ya!!

rawksongs said...

tednugent said...
sounds like you guys are having fun...we miss you & we'll see you at cheesecake factory next time your in zion...:)