Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Day of Preschool


After all the worrying, Thomas was able to start preschool yesterday--just as planned. Yesterday morning was hectic, with his health assessment appointment which resulted in him having to begin a Hepatitis A shot series (I felt REALLY bad because I promised him that he wouldn't have to have any shots), then we went over and had the preschool orientation, which was helpful but a little long. By the time we finished up with that, we had 45 minutes until the start of preschool. I loaded the kids up in the car and drove to the food court for a quick bite to eat. And when I say quick, I mean quick. I should also mention that the food court isn't handicap accessible so I have to pick of the stroller with Toby in it (it's not too fun but I am getting strong) We had 12 minutes to scarf down lunch so that I could again, load up the kids, park and unload them yet again.

I walked Thomas into the classroom and he was a little nervous. One of the teachers asked him if he would be her helper today and that seemed to do the trick. I stuck around for another couple of minutes, but I don't think he even noticed me leaving. When I returned three hours later, he had a smile on his face and I knew everything had gone well.

When we got in the car and I had a chance to talk to Thomas, he reported that he liked his new preschool and was excited to go back tomorrow. Too bad I only signed him up for three days a week, he can't go back until Friday! Perhaps I'll consider signing him up for five days a week in the spring(it is an option).

I am also happy to report that I believe we have solved most of our voicemail problems. The relocation service that we work closely with called the phone company and they, in turn called me so that I could request that our voicemail service be switched to English. Now it sounds like Morgan Freeman is answering our phone!* We also have the number to check our voicemail so--to our parents (you are the only ones that have called us so far)but also to anyone else, if you call us, and we don't answer, you can leave a message and we will receive it!

Until later,

Emily

*Since originally posting this, I have been able to change the automated message and leave my own message.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so grown up already!! I am glad he loved preK. What a huge step. Congrats Thomas!!
How much did you have to get rid of with the whole lead poison toys?