Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fun While It Lasted

Winter Break is winding down, only a couple more hours to go, officially. Tomorrow, Thomas goes back to school. I have thoroughly enjoyed not rushing around in the morning, heading out the door, and driving him to school. James goes back to "real" work tomorrow. The last two weeks have been a breeze. He finished up on his final reports on the 23rd of December and I don't really know what he's been doing at work except that I know he's been clearing things out, in preparation for their move to Frankfurt in August. And the point is, he hasn't been stressed out or complaining about work. Gosh, what a difference that makes! Not to worry, his work load will get heavy right away, with the craziest phase ever starting in the spring! Tomorrow, I will go to the base and see about signing up for my gym class and German again, I got sick at the end of their sessions, so I don't even know if they start up again this week or the next. James and I are starting to resemble healthy people again, although I think I'm a bit ahead of him. Since we got sick on Christmas, we have really pretty much stayed at home and vegged out. It has been absolutely wonderful. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to "real" life...but alas, I know we will!

On two different, random notes, Toby turns two in a week! He is such a big boy now. Well, not really, he is skinny. My chubby babies sure do thin out quickly. Thank goodness for hidden adjustable waistbands! And the other random note, my car is still in no better shape then SIX weeks ago today! James and I were driving home from church this evening and we both (at pretty much the same time) said we're losing our patience on this and we better get some positive word on it this week! Six weeks!

Until later,

Emily

0 comments: