Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Toby: Just Like a Bad Puppy!

My mom and dad are raising two puppies right now.  I have never met these puppies because they got them after I left Utah this summer.  My mom often tells me her "bad puppy" stories and we often think that Toby, Mindy and Ivy sound an awful lot a like.


Today, I needed to make some important phone calls and be able to hear the person on the other side of the phone.  Toby has, unfortunately, learned how to open our doors now and therefore, go into and out of every room in our house, and also out the front door (but that's a whole other story!) So, back to my story, I needed to talk on the phone and Toby decided he was going to go down to the basement and torment the cat.  I generally don't like him going in the basement because there are lots of things down there that can hurt him or that he can hurt.  But, I decided to risk it, because after all, I could hear him yelling and harassing Tailer.  The phone call lasted longer then I thought and Toby was too quiet.  I knew that could mean nothing but trouble.  Yes, yes indeed!  I guess after he got tired of screaming at Tailer, he decided to tear into one of my full packaging recycling bags, technically called a Gelbe Sacke here in Germany.  I'm sure it was because he saw the empty package of a "milkshake" only he didn't know it was empty.  So, I came down to find a whole garbage sack (except they are yellow and made especially for plastics and packaging recycling) torn apart with its contents spread out all over my basement floor.

Just like a bad puppy!

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture? There's always pictures.

Alison said...

Oh, I am sorry. I feel like if I am not on top of my kids...literally all the time, they are into everything!!! HAAA, a mother's job is never done!

Emily Snow said...

ejs...no, not this time.

Hintze Family said...

You and my other friends with little boys are really starting to make me nervous about what I have ahead of me!

Anonymous said...

Did Toby get time out or were you just glad that it was only sacks. Your Dad let Ivy and Mindy in the garage one day and they torn up two rolls of paper towels. Hey he is just like the pups. Only thing is I can chain them outside you can't. Love that boy! Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom