Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Totally Taken by Twilight

For a very long period of time I have had many friends and relatives badgering me to read the series "Twilight", to be honest, I had no desire to read the books and thought they sounded absolutely D-U-M-B and couldn't imagine why so many girls that I think so much of could get wrapped up in such a ridiculous story!  


The movie, Twilight, was released in the States in December and I have heard the murmuring that the movie was also excellent.  I started to waiver, I think more than anything because I wanted to see a good chick-flick.  I love movies, I love going to the movies, and since living in Germany,  I've gone to one movie at the theater on our base and I think a couple over the summer, while in the States, and that was it.  So, on Monday, I joined a couple of friends and saw Twilight.  I went in with some really low expectations, after all it is romantic movie about vampires that is geared toward a teenage audience.  By the end, I was won over by Twilight!  I came home Monday night, ordered all four books and the soundtrack to the movie!  I would have pre-ordered the movie if I would have known at the time that you could do that too! 

Then, tonight, I went to see Twilight again.  The movie is only coming twice to our theater as in one 7:00 PM movie on Monday and one 7:00 PM movie tonight.  That's it!  I will start looking in my APO box toward the end of next week for my Twilight goodies! I love Twilight! (I love Edward!)

Until later,

Emily


7 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Oh, Emily, you're done for now! I am totally team Edward which kinda creeps me out since I'm so much older than Robert Pattinson! And I've read the books probably 8 times each. They are a truly easy read (engrossing) & lots of fun.

jlk said...

Welcome to the club!! You will love the books. They are fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, my 14 yearold grand received the first of the series of books for a gift at Christmas. The Monday after Christmas she had finished that book and was at Barnes and Noble to buy the rest. Well, while there she called me asking if I still had my B&N membership so she could get a discount. I told her I would order on line with coupons. So she bought the second in the series and before the other 2 came (3 days later) she had finished that one and was chomping at the bit. She now has read all 4 at least two times. (I suspect more, but she only admits to 2)
Peter the 11 year old had the titanium rods removed from his left femur yesterday, and should be home from the hospital today. It has been a long 4 months for him. He is anxious to ride the bike he got for Christmas. Should be off crutches and walking in a couple days.
So, I have been busy doing what I love -- Caring for my grands when I am needed.
Watch the love bug - kids are remarkable!. Love and take care. Gert

Anonymous said...

Emily your Dad and I went to the show last weekend too. We saw Clint Eastwood's new movie Gran Torino with Kate and Ryan. The last show we went to before that was Castaway. We don't to the movies much. Glad you enjoyed your movie too. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

Kurt just said maybe you could get the series of "Alien" since he remembers how much you like it too! Ha Ha! Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

Okay, the books are so much better than the movie! I thought there was only Mr. Darcy...but now there is Edward. Yummo!!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

finally! It's about time...ha ha. I'm glad you liked the movie. I came home from seeing it the second time and reread the first book. I love it. Hope you enjoy the books!
love,
laurie