Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, January 12, 2009

No Bears!

At about 4 o'clock this morning, Thomas came running into our room. It is a normal occasion, I would say he ends up in our room sometime during the night 5 out or 7 nights during the week. I have a slumber bag and a pillow always set up on my side of the bed. It bugs James, but I am OK with it. He always comes running, I know he's scared. He usually gets in his slumber bag, and is "out" within one or two minutes. So, this morning seemed to be usual, he got in his slumber bag, snuggled in and I reached over and put an extra blanket over him. But then he asked, "Mom do we have a bear in our house, because I thought I heard a bear growling?" I replied, "No, we don't have any bears, but maybe mommy and daddy were snoring." He was silent for a moment, probably processing what I had said, but then replied, "No, I must have been dreaming." And that was the end of our conversation for he hit the pillow and was out just like that.

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Wish I'd thought of the sleeping bag thing! Hanae still comes in sometimes.

The Mendon Welkers said...

Don't feel bad. We're in the same boat. Hannah or Ashley come in our room around the same amount of times per week. They too sleep on the floor because the bed is off limits. They are now trained to bring their pillow and blanket with them. Some mornings its freaky to wake up with them on the floor and neither Dave nor I had any idea they came in!

Alison said...

That sleeping bag is a good idea...I hate sleeping with a kid in bed. You will have to let him know I sleep by a BEAR every night!!! That is funny.

Anonymous said...

Emily, I can not count the nights and mornings I got kids in my bed. Of course I loved the mornings I remember sometimes the bed got really small. Then as you guys go bigger it was the floor. As I said Not to worry they will out grow this, they just want to feel safe. Emily you out grew it, It is great you can fix his problems with just a hug and kiss. Hug the boys. Love Always Mom